Home
Gallery
Biography
Contact Us
Maps & Cards
Wildflower Images

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



A wooden poundlock was built at Benson in 1788, rebuilt in stone in 1870. A walkway across the weir replaced a ferry linking the lock with the nearby village of the same name.

Nearby communities include Preston Crowmarsh, Shillingford, Wallingford and Ewelme.

Click on any thumbnail below (or on the image above) to enlarge it and for more detailed information, including a link to a map to show the location.
Then use the Back button to return.

   
       
       
       
Photography and Web Design by Clive Ormonde

All images are ©MAP READING and may not be reproduced, copied or downloaded without permission